Garmin Express is used for device registration, map updates, software updates and to manage all your Garmin devices. Hence, to install Garmin Express on your device, you need to follow the below-given guide.
Procedure to Install Garmin Express
Follow the below-given instructions to install Garmin Express on your Windows computer,
- Firstly, go to the Garmin Express web page “Garmin.com/express“.
- Click on Download for Windows tab and the file will start downloading.
- When the download completes, open the Downloads folder and locate the .exe file of Garmin Express.
- Double-click the downloaded file and proceed to the next step.
- Now the Security Warning pop-up box will appear on your screen, you need to click on the Run button. By doing so, it will start running the file.
- On the main window, click on the link of terms and conditions.
- It will show you the license agreement, review all the terms and conditions carefully. If you want to accept the agreement, tick mark the given box.
- Now, click on the Options tab to change the default installation location.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on the Browse button and select your desired folder. Then, click on the OK button.
- To return back on the installation screen, click on the Back button.
- Then, click on the Install button given at the bottom-right corner of the window and it will start installing the software.
- Now, it will show you a pop-up box of User Account Control asking for your permission to make necessary changes to your computer. To allow, click on the Yes button.
- You need to wait until the installation process gets completed. Also, make sure that you do not close the window or turn off your system in between the installation process.
- When the installation is completed, click on the Launch Garmin Express tab.
- Lastly, click on the Get Started tab to open the application.
To install Garmin Express on your Mac, follow the below-given instructions:
- First of all, go to garmin.com/express.
- Then, click on Download for Mac tab.
- Wait till the downloading is completed.
- Then, open the Downloads folder and double-click the .dmg file of Garmin Express.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on the Install Garmin Express icon and a pop-up box will appear on your screen, click on the Continue button.
- In the next window read all the terms and conditions of the license agreement carefully and then click on the Continue button.
- A pop-up box will be shown on your screen. Click on the Agree button to accept all the terms.
- In the next screen, you will see the installation window. Click on the Install button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- In between the installation process, a pop-up box will appear on your screen. Enter your mac username and password and then click on the Install Software button.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Once the application is installed, click on the Close button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.