How To Install Garmin GPS Update?
The process for the Garmin GPS Update is very simple and straightforward. For this, you have to launch Garmin Express on your system and login to the Garmin account. Then, you need to connect the Garmin device to your computer. As such, the computer will automatically detect all the available updates. Hence, simply click on “Install All” and all the map updates will be installed on your GPS device.
Although, while you are installing Garmin GPS Update for the very first time. In that case, you have to go through a slightly lengthy process. Follow the below-given procedure carefully:
Step 1. Install Garmin Express
- First of all, open your preferred web browser.
- Thereafter, visit the official website of Garmin. For this, type in “garmin.com” in the address bar.
- The following window will provide you with the download link for Windows and Mac as well. Hence, click on the link as per your desire operating system.
- As a result, it will start downloading the “Setup” file. Hence, wait for the process to complete.
- In the meantime, click on “Save” or “Save As” if prompted.
- Once the downloads process gets completed, locate the downloaded file on your system.
- Now, double-click the file to open it.
- Next, you should click on the “Run” or “Continue” tab.
- Along with that, you will get links for “Terms and Conditions” and Software License Agreement”. Hence, click on the link one by one and read the document carefully.
- Thereafter, click on the “Accept” or “Agree”.
- Finally, click on the “Install” button and wait for the process to complete.
- In the meantime, Mac users must enter their Mac User ID and Password. Then, click on the “Install Software” tab.
- At last, restart your computer.
Step 2. Connect Garmin GPS To The Computer
- First of all, remove your Garmin GPS device.
- Now, turn it on and make sure that it is fully charged.
- Next, you should connect Garmin GPS to your computer by means of a mini USB cable.
- Then, launch the pre-installed Garmin Express and click on “Get Started”.
- After this, click on the “Add A Device” tab on the user interface.
- As a result, it will detect your GPS device and connect it.
- Once again, click on the “Add A Device” button.
Step 3. Register The Garmin Device
- Once you have connected the device to the computer, you should Register it. This is an optional step required only for first-time users.
- After clicking the “Add A Device” button, enter your registered email address on the following window. Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Next, you should provide your password and log in to your Garmin account.
- Although, if you don’t have a Garmin account, then first create an account. Thereafter, log in to it.
- Now, enter a Nickname for this device and click on the “Next” tab.
- Finally, click on “Yes” or “No” for “Anonymous Data Collection” as per your preference.
- After that, if prompted complete the network connection by following the on-screen prompts.
Step 4. Install Garmin GPS Update
- As the Registration process completes, you will be redirected to the dashboard of Garmin express.
- Now, the application will automatically detect all the available updates for the connected device.
- Your dashboard will display all the software and map updates beneath the device name. However, in case of multiple devices, click on the device name to view the updates.
- Click on “Install All” or “Select All” to download all the updates. Alternatively, if you want to download any specific update. Then, click on the “Install” button beside the update that you want to install. For this, you should first click on “View Details” to check all the updates separately.
- After that, review the “Terms and Conditions” page and click on “Accept”.
- The following window will provide you with instructions for the updates. Therefore, read the same carefully and ensure that all the steps have been followed properly. Then, click on “Continue”.
- As a result, it will initiate the installation process which will take some time. Hence, wait for the process to complete. Meanwhile, ensure that the system stays connected to the network.
- Afterward, it will notify you about the successful installation of the Garmin update. Consequently, it will prompt you to disconnect the device when it is safe to remove it. Hence, unplug the device once you get the confirmation.
- Lastly, restart your device.