Step 1. Install Garmin Express
- First and foremost, open an Internet Browser on your desktop. You can get any browser of your choice. For instance, you may have Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Thereafter, access the official website of Garmin. For this, type in “garmin.com” in your browser’s address bar. You will get the address bar at the top of the page.
- Now, navigate the Product Category Section on this website. For instance, you may have “WEARABLES, SPORTS & OUTDOOR, AUTOMOTIVE, or MARINE”. You will find this at the very top of this window beneath the bold “Garmin” tab. Hence, expand them and click on “Garmin Express” from the “Discover” section.
- This will redirect you to the “Garmin Express” page for garmin.com/mapupdates. Along with that, this window displays the download links for both Windows and Mac devices. Hence, click on the respective link for your OS. In other words, click on “Download For Windows” if you have a Windows-based computer. Similarly, Mac users must click on “Download For Mac”.
- As such, this will initiate the download process for the “Setup” File necessary for garmin.com/mapupdates. Now, you should wait for the process to complete properly.
- Simultaneously, if it prompts to provide a specific location to save the downloaded “Setup” File. Then, click on “Save” or “Save As” and provide a preferred location.
- Once it completes the download, search the downloaded file on your computer.
- Next, you should double-click on the file.
- Afterward, click “Run” or “Continue” on the following pop-box.
- Now, closely read the “Terms and Conditions”/ “Software License Agreement” by clicking on their respective links.
- Finally, click on “Install” to initiate installation for garmin.com/mapupdates.
- Then, wait for the process to finish.
- Meanwhile, Mac users must enter their Mac Admin User ID and Password. Then, click on “Install Software”.
- Lastly, restart your computer.
Step 2. Connect Garmin GPS Device To The Computer
- Firstly, you need to detach the Garmin GPS device from your automobile.
- Then, turn it on. Along with that, make sure that it is fully charged.
- After that, you should link it with your computer on which you have installed Garmin Express. For this, you should use a mini USB cable.
- Now, open “Garmin Express” and click on “Get Started”.
- Next, you should click on “Add a Device”.
- As a result, the application will search your device and connect to it.
- Hence, click on “Add a Device” once again.
Step 3. Register the Garmin Device
- After completing the last step, first-time users are required to go through this Additional Settings.
- Therefore, if your device is not yet registered, the following window will prompt you to provide your email address. Hence, type in your registered email address and click on the “Next” tab.
- Thereafter, login to your Garmin account.
- In case, if you have not created your account yet. Then, you should first create one. After that, login to your Garmin account.
- Now, provide a nickname for this device in the following window. Click on the “Next” tab in order to proceed with “garmin.com/mapupdates”.
- Consequently, select “Yes” or “No” as per your preference for “Anonymous Data Collection”.
- Next, you have to complete the network connection if prompted. You should simply follow the on-screen prompts and select the connection mode for your desktop/GPS device. This will complete your GPS Device Registration.
Step 4. Install Garmin Update
- Once your device is registered, it will take you to the dashboard of Garmin Express.
- Afterward, it will detect the map updates available for the connected device.
- Subsequently, these map updates will appear on your dashboard. You will find it below your device name under the “Map Updates” section. Nonetheless, if your account is linked to multiple devices, click on the Device Name to view the updates.
- Therefore, click on “Install All” or “Click All”. As a result, this will start the download for garmin.com/mapupdates. Although, if you want to install a specific update. Then, click on “View Details” and select the Update from the list. After that, click on the “Install” button beside it.
- Now, read the “Terms and Conditions” thoroughly and click on “Accept”.
- You will get instructions for updates on the next window. Hence, read the same and confirm that you have properly followed all the steps. Then, click on the “Continue” tab.
- This will start the installation process. Hence, wait for the same to complete.
- After that, it will notify you about its completion. Then, prompt you to disconnect the device. Hence, unplug your GPS gadget.
- Lastly, restart your device.
Hence, this completes the garmin.com/mapupdates procedure successfully.