Garmin Update is an essential part of the life for users of state-of-the-art Garmin GPS Devices. The accuracy and reliability of your device heavily depend on regular and timely Garmin Update. However, it is a quick and straightforward procedure. In fact, it clearly showcases Garmin’s user-centric approach.
How to Perform Garmin Update?
Performing Garmin Update has been made extremely simple. This is to ensure that even non-technical users can perform it without much hassle.
Step 1: Install Garmin Express
In the very first place, you will need an intuitive, user-friendly desktop application called Garmin Express in order to perform Garmin Update. In other words, you must have this software installed on your system. However, this is just a one-time process required only for first-time users. Besides that, it is an amazingly simple process.
Begin the process by opening an Internet Browser of your choice. For example, you may be using Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc. Hence, click on the Browser icon from your system’s Taskbar or Desktop. After that, launch the official website of Garmin Express. For this, enter “garmin.com/express” in your Browser’s Address Bar. Then, press the “Enter” key.
Check Your OS
Now, before you could proceed to download its Setup File, you must identify your computer’s OS. For instance, you may have a “Windows” or “Mac-based” device. Hence, check the same. For this, you may check your “Computer’s Properties”. Else, look for Windows logo or Apple logo on your Desktop. This is important because you will have to download different Setup Files for different OS.
On the Homepage of the official website for Garmin Express, you will notice two links to download the Setup File. Along with that, it will display a link to check System Requirements. Hence, click on the link for System Requirements and ensure that your system is compatible. Then, click on the download link as per your OS. In other words, Windows users must click on “Download for Windows”. However, click on “Download for Mac” if you use a Mac device.
Thereafter, you must install the downloaded Setup File. For this, launch the Installer by double-clicking on the Setup File. You may find it on your system’s default download location. In other words, your system’s “Downloads” Folder. Subsequently, the Installer will guide you through the installation proces. All you have to do is simply follow the on-screen prompts. During the process, you will be prompted to read and accept the “Software License Agreement”. Hence, carefully review the same and tick mark its corresponding checkbox. Finally, it will display a highlighted “Install” button. Hence, click on it and wait for the process to complete.
At last, you will have to restart your computer to successfully apply the changes made on your system.
Step 2: Connect Garmin GPS to the Computer
- To begin with, dismantle your Garmin device and prepare it for hooking up with your system. For this, press its Power button to turn it on. However, in case if it is turned off. Then, Garmin Express will not recognize it.
- Now, you will have to hook it up with your computer. In other words, plug in one end of a mini USB cable to your Garmin Device and another end to your system.
- Then, wait for the initial process. In short, wait till a progress bar scrolls on your system.
- Next, you should launch Garmin Express by double-clicking its respective icon.
- Thereafter, click on “Get Started” on the following welcome window.
- As a result, the following window requires you to add your device. Hence, click on the “Add a Device” tab. You will find it at the top left-hand side of the window.
- Subsequently, click on “Add Device” when prompted. As such, it will locate your Garmin Device and connect it.
- Thereafter, follow on-screen instructions and complete the connection.
Step 3: Update Garmin GPS
At last, you can install the available updates on your GPS Device. However, you will also have to Register your device if you haven’t registered it before.
- As your device is connected to the software, it will redirect you to the dashboard of Garmin Express.
- The application automatically detects all the available updates. As such, you will get a list of all the updates including the Map updates on its dashboard.
- Finally, click on “Install All” or “Select All” to install all of the available updates. However, if you want to install the updates individually. Then, click on the “Install” button next to that specific update.
- Consequently, Garmin Express will update your Garmin GPS Device with the latest maps and software.
- However, this might take some time. Hence, wait for the process to complete properly.
- Finally, it will notify you about the success of the Garmin GPS Update process. Subsequently, it will inform you when it is safe to disconnect your device. Hence, unplug the Device only when you get this message.